Ballymaloe Relish muffins
- 375G self raising flour
- 140G Ballymaloe Original Relish or Ballymaloe Jalapeno Pepper Relish, plus extra to serve
- 300G finely sliced /chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 cup wild garlic leaves, chopped, or baby spinach
- ¼ cup chives , chopped
- 180g grated cheddar
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs whisked
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the flour, relish, prosciutto, wild garlic, chive, cheddar, oil, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
2. Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml)
lightly greased muffin tins lined with paper cases and cook for 25 minutes or
until cooked when tested with a skewer.
3. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool
slightly. Serve with the extra Ballymaloe Relish. Makes 12.