Rack of Lamb with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly Butter
This recipe can easily be multiplied making it great for a dinner party, most of the prep is done in advance. Roast rack of lamb with melting Ballymaloe Mint Jelly butter, a perfect centrepiece!
Ballymaloe Mint Jelly Butter
1. Mix the Mint Jelly and soft butter (2:3) in a bowl.
2. Lay out grease proof paper and use a spatula to empty the butter to the middle of the grease proof paper.
3. Pull grease proof paper over and make a roll shape.
4. Twist ends to tighten butter in more compact.
5. Place in fridge/freezer.
Roast Rack of Lamb
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F /Gas Mark 5
2. Place the rack of lamb on a roasting tray and season it generously with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil
3. Cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
A rough guide to test how well your lamb is cooked; feel the lamb with your finger, soft is rare and firm is well done. Allow the Lamb to rest after removing it from the oven. Top with a few slices of Ballymaloe Mint Jelly butter and some freshly chopped parsley to serve. Alternatively add some additional Ballymaloe Mint Jelly on the side.