Ballymaloe Relish Muffins
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 12
- Allergens: wheat, dairy, eggs, sulphites
Muffins with cheese and prosciutto are some of our favourites. The addition of Ballymaloe Original Relish has the benefit of bringing all that Ballymaloe flavour and it keeps the muffins moist. The best tip we could give when it comes to making muffins is never over stir your mix. Mix just until the ingredients come together, but no more than that. Stick to this rule and the result will be light and delicious.
- 375g self-raising flour
- 300g finely sliced /chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 cup wild garlic leaves or baby spinach (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chives (chopped)
- 180g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 140g Ballymaloe Original Relish or Ballymaloe Pepper Relish, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the flour, relish, prosciutto, wild garlic, chive, cheddar, oil, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) lightly greased muffin tins lined with paper cases and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with the extra Ballymaloe Relish. Makes 12.