Cajun Chicken burger with Ballymaloe Mayo and Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Contains mustard seeds
This delicious Louisiana inspired Burger is simple to prepare and a real finger lickingly good crowd pleaser. Served with sweet potato wedges and mixed leaves.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Rapeseed oil
- Sea Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 free range chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Thinly sliced red onion rings (enough for two burgers)
- 1 tomato sliced
- Gherkin, thinly sliced
- 2 wholegrain or gluten Free burger buns
- Baby gem lettuce
- Mixed leaves
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Mayo
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Suitable for coeliac
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop the sweet potato into wedges and place in a bowl with 2 tbsp. of rapeseed oil, paprika, rosemary and a generous pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine and place on a roasting tray skin side down. Pop into the oven and roast for 20 mins then reduce temperature to 175* and continue to roast for 25mins. You are looking for a delicious brown colour to take on the wedges.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and dust with Cajun spices. Heat a large non-stick frying pan, add a dessertspoon of rapeseed oil, then pop in the spiced chicken pieces. (Works a treat cooked on the BBQ too!) Cook for 3 minutes a side or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Remove from the frying pan and allow to rest on a plate for a few minutes.
- Toast the bun on a pan grill or under a grill.
- Now begin to layer- start with Ballymaloe Relish on the base and Ballymaloe Mayo on the lid, be generous! Top the base with the Cajun chicken, gem lettuce, tomato slices, red onion rings, gherkins and finally the lid. Place on a serving plate and accompany with the lightly tossed salad (In a large bowl gently toss the salad leaves with Ballymaloe French Dressing) and the delicious Homemade Sweet potato wedges. Make sure you have extra Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Original Relish on the table to dip!