English Muffin with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 15/20 mins
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Contains wheat, dairy, egg, sulphites (in processed meat)
This is a brilliant take on a classic that you can recreate in your own kitchen. The only issue is one Ballymaloe English Muffin is simply not enough! Enjoy the utter satisfaction in every bite.
- 1 x English Muffin (local supermarket in the bread aisle) halved and lightly toasted
- 1 x sausage patty* cooked and kept warm
- 1 x Easi Single cheese slice
- 1 x fried egg
- 1 x large tablespoon of Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Contains wheat
- Contains dairy
- Contains egg
- Contains sulphites (meat)
- Take the warm toasted English muffin and generously spread both sides with Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Top the base with the cooked sausage patty then the cheese single and finally the soft fried egg*. Pop on the lid and enjoy your delicious Breakfast Muffin and be warned you will want a second one straight away!
- *Sausage patty- take 3oz (75g) sausage meat, wet your hands lightly, roll the sausage meat into a ball then flatten into the same width as your muffin. Heat a frying pan on medium. Lightly oil the patty and place onto the frying pan. You are looking for a medium sizzle. Cook for 2/3 mins a side until fully cooked through and you have achieved a delicious golden-brown crust. Remove to a sheet of kitchen paper to drain quickly.
- * Fried Egg- heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of a tasteless oil (sunflower is perfect). Crack in your egg, sprinkle a little sea salt on top and pop a lid or plate over the frying pan to achieve that perfectly set egg with a runny yolk. You DO NOT want a high sizzle, it must be very gentle. The lid is to trap heat and steam, so the egg sets all over.
Once you are happy that the egg is set and the yolk is still runny, remove gently using a fish slice, drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.