Irish Hotdog with leeks and Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat, egg, mustard
The addition of Irish caramelized leeks truly takes this sausage dog to delicious heights and topped with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish will leave you begging for more! It’s summer party food at its finest.
- 4x large/ jumbo Irish sausages
- 2x large leeks, cleaned
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 100g grated cheddar
- 4x large fresh floury hot dog rolls
- 8x heaped tbsp. Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 4x heaped tsp crispy onions
- Olive oil
- Ballymaloe Mayo
- Contains Mustard
- Contains egg
- Slice the cleaned leeks into half-inch rings. Melt butter in a small saucepan and toss in the sliced leeks. Cover and place on medium heat to soften and slightly wilt for 5/8 mins. Remove the lid, increase the heat and cook to caramelize the edges. Stir often. Make sure you lift the caramelization from the base of the pot and incorporate it back into the leeks by stirring. Remove from the heat and keep warm
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add in a tbsp. of olive oil then add in the sausages.
- Cook the sausages on a controlled medium to low heat.
- Turn occasionally to achieve an even golden-brown colour.
- Remove to a warming oven (100*) to rest while you prep the Dog!
- Split the dogs down their middle from the top (not a side cut!)
- Spread Ballymaloe Pepper Relish all over the cut dogs and stuff with caramelised leeks. Pop the cooked sausages on top of the leeks and cheese.
- Top with Ballymaloe Pepper relish and Ballymaloe Mayo and finally sprinkle generously with crispy onions.
- Enjoy every bite and don’t forget a napkin!