Quick and Easy Mac & Cheesy with Ballymaloe Smooth Relish
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat, dairy, mustard
This Quick and Easy Mac & Cheesy with Ballymaloe Original Relish is ideal for busy families. Simply make the cheese mixture in advance, store it in the fridge and have it ready to go for dinner time. Add bacon lardons at step two to add extra flavour and texture to the dish. Simply fry up four slices of bacon and slice into thin strips.
- 300g penne pasta (cooked)
- For the sauce:
- 250g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100ml Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Ballymaloe Smooth Original Relish
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Small red onion (finely diced)
- Salt and pepper
- Basil to garnish
- No Artificial Additives
- ring the water to boil in a saucepan and cook the pasta, with the lid on for 6 minutes, turn off the heat and allow the pasta to sit for 4mins.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked pasta in an oven-proof dish
- Sprinkle the sauce mixture evenly over the pasta. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200⁰C.
- After 10 minutes gently stir the dish just enough to let the cheese mixture sink down through the pasta. Cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn a lovely, toasted golden colour on top
- Sprinkle with chopped basil (optional) and serve.