Roast Duck and Ballymaloe Beetroot, Orange & Fennel Salad
- Cooking Time: 1.5 hrs
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: contains nuts
This Duck Salad is terrific with warm freshly roasted duck or with leftover duck. It is packed full of complimentary flavours and textures that is a real treat to feast on. A delicious dinner party starter or main!
- Whole Roasted Duck (190* for 1-1.5 hrs, juices run clear at thigh)
- 4/5 oranges- 2 sliced and 2 segmented (free of pith and skin)
- 150g Drained Ballymaloe Beetroot
- 1x fennel bulb- trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3x small cos lettuce – trimmed and halved
- 4x handfuls mixed leaves (red)
- 1x ripe pomegranate- seeded and free of pith
- 200g toasted walnuts
- Ballymaloe Balsamic & Irish Apple Cider Vinegrette
- Contains nuts
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Carve the roasted duck into 6 portions and keep warm.
- Use a large platter of 6 individual main course plates.
- Using a large bowl, toss the mixed leaves in some Ballymaloe Balsamic & Irish Apple Cider Vinegrette, enough to glisten. Sprinkle on some sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Spread evenly onto your plates/ platter.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each half cos with some dressing also and season. Place half on each plate.
- Scatter the sliced and segmented orange segments around the salad.
- Place the duck in 5 mounds around your plate.
- Haphazardly place the fennel, toasted walnuts, drained Ballymaloe Beetroot and pomegranate seeds.
- Finally, sprinkle sea salt over the duck and drizzle honey all over.
- Serve and enjoy the pops of flavour this salad offers.