Sausage and Cheese Jambons
- Cooking Time: 50 mins
- Serves: 6
These Sausage and Cheese Jambons by Gills Bakes and Cakes are a delicious take on the classic Irish jambon. They are quick and easy to make while also being versatile. Fill them with anything from cooked chorizo, ham, pepperoni or veggies.
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us Gill.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 20g butter
- 15g plain flour
- 200g milk
- 120g cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp chorizo sausage
- 2 handfuls of grated cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish to serve
- Contains Dairy
- Contains Gluten
- Contains Sulphites (in meat)
- Not Suitable for Vegetarians
- Pan-fry the chorizo sausage for a few minutes and then leave it to cool.
- For the Cheese Sauce:
Add your butter to a pot and place on medium heat until melted.
Mix through your flour.
Add in your milk and whisk until you have a sauce that's thick and smooth.
Stir in your grated cheese and mix till smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave your cheese sauce to cool.
Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out your puff pastry sheet. Cut your pastry into 6 even squares.
- Spoon your cheese sauce onto the center of each square. Use up all the sauce between them.
- Sprinkle on the cooked chorizo.
- Fold the corners of your pastry into the center to create your jambon shape.
- Carefully brush the pastry with some beaten egg.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese on top (Optional)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until nice and golden.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy with a side of Ballymaloe Original Relish.