Warm Black Pudding, Apple, and Walnut Salad.
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Contains nuts.
This salad turns into a crowd-pleasing starter for a dinner party or as a simply delicious lunch.
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 150g black pudding (Clonakilty make a terrific gluten-free pudding)
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 pink lady apple, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 sun dried tomatoes drained and finely chopped
- 125g spinach leaves
- 3 tsp Ballymaloe Balsamic and Irish Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Contains nuts
- Suitable for coeliac
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Toast the walnuts, seeds, and pine nuts until gently toasted. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, melt the butter and add the honey. Toss in the prepared apple pieces and cook for 4 mins until softened and still holding their shape. Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon and keep all the yummy juices in a bowl. Add Ballymaloe Balsamic and Apple Irish Cider vinaigrette to bowl and stir to combine, taste and season if necessary.
- In another non-stick frying pan heat a little rapeseed oil on a medium heat and crumble in the black pudding. Cook the pudding until crispy.
- In a separate bowl toss the spinach with the dressing and place on 2 serving plates.
- Sprinkle over the crispy black pudding, warm apples and finally the toasted nuts and seeds.