Cheddar-Baked Potato with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes - Preheat oven to 180⁰C/350⁰F/Gas Mark 4
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Dairy
Potatoes are packed full of Vitamin C and fibre and really don’t get the credit they deserve! Our recipe celebrates the humble spud which – thanks to a generous amount of Cheddar and Ballymaloe Original Relish – becomes a meal worth waiting for.
- 1 large potato
- Grated Cheddar (1 handful)
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Finely-sliced spring onions
- Fresh green leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- Avocado (optional)
- Cooked bacon lardons (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C/350⁰F/Gas Mark 4.
- Clean the potato, then prick it with a knife and bake for about an hour.
- Use a skewer to see if it’s soft in the centre - if it is, it’s ready!
- Cut open the top of the potato and season with a little salt & pepper.
- Add a knob of butter, some Cheddar cheese and the spring onions.
- Top with a dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Add some bacon lardons or avocado slices (optional).
- Serve with a green salad, drizzled with Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing.