Ballymaloe Cheese Fondue
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 / 3
- Allergens: dairy, wheat
This recipe is very simple, needing no cornflour and a small number of ingredients as the Ballymaloe Original Relish carries a lot of the flavour. This dish is ideal when entertaining.
- 1 loaf of stale crusty white bread (and the crustier the better!)
- 85g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/2 a small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cut your bread into rough cubes and toast them in a preheated oven at 200⁰C for 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them as they can brown quickly.
- Place the wine, garlic, Ballymaloe Original Relish and parsley in a fondue pot or small saucepan, stir, then add the grated cheese.
- Just before serving, put the fondue pot or saucepan over a low heat until the cheese melts and begins to bubble. Don’t stir it too much while it is cooking or the mixture may split
- Serve the fondue immediately with the toasted bread and fondue forks. If you don’t have them, skewers or regular forks will do just fine.