Goat’s Cheese & Walnut Salad with Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy, nuts
When it comes to nutrition, beetroot has it all: fibre, iron, potassium and a ready source of Vitamin C. The fact that it tastes so delicious is an added bonus! Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot is grown, cooked, packed and pickled in East Cork, and its natural flavour shines through in this classic salad.
- 175g goat's cheese
- 280g Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 4 handfuls of mixed leaves (chard, lamb’s leaf lettuce, baby spinach, rocket, cos)
- 16 walnut halves
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 dessertspoon of Ballymaloe Balsamic & Irish Apple Cider Vinegrette
- Honey (optional)
- Toast the walnut halves gently in a pan over a medium heat.
- Toss the salad leaves with a little Ballymaloe Balsamic & Irish Apple Cider Vinegrette.
- Separate the tossed salad on to plates and top with beetroot cubes, bite-sized pieces of goat's cheese, the toasted walnut halves and, as a finishing touch, a drizzle of honey.