Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot Hummus
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4/6
- Allergens: n/a
Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot is grown, cooked and packed in East Cork. Its wonderful earthy flavour balances beautifully with chickpeas. Beetroot hummus is one of those foods you’ll wonder how you ever did without before now. This recipe comes from Grace O’Driscoll.
- 200g of drained diced Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot
- 240g of chickpeas (1 can of drained chickpeas)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the beetroot and the chickpeas and put in a food processor, along with the clove of garlic.
- Blitz until you are happy with the consistency (it should be smooth in texture).
- Add the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the blade carefully from the food processor and using a spatula pop the purple hummus into to a pretty presentation bowl, eat immediately or spoon over a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to create a barrier so it doesn’t dry out.