Hummus with Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot is grown, cooked and packed in East Cork. Its wonderful, earthy flavour is the perfect partner for the chickpeas in this heavenly hummus. It’s so good, you’ll wish you had discovered it sooner! Not going to eat it all in one go? Spoon a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over your hummus when in a suitable storage container to create a barrier so that it doesn’t dry out. This recipe is courtesy of Grace O’Driscoll.
- 200g Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 240g chickpeas (1 can drained chickpeas)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Drain the beetroot and chickpeas and pop in a food processor, along with the garlic.
- Blitz until you are happy with the consistency (it should be smooth in texture).
- Add the olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Carefully remove the blade from the food processor and, using a spatula, pop the purple hummus into a pretty presentation bowl and enjoy immediately.