Ballymaloe Omelette with Ham and Mushroom
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: eggs, dairy
The time-honoured combination of ham and mushroom is given a lift here, with the addition of some peppery rocket and topped with Ballymaloe Original Relish. Great for a summer brunch dish or served with a green salad.
- 3 eggs
- 30ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 slices of ham
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Heat the butter in a pan
- Crack the eggs, water, and seasoning into a bowl. Whisk for approximately five minutes or until the eggs froth up to three times their original bulk.
- As the butter begins to turn brown, pour in the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat and when the bottom is set, sprinkle in the ham, mushrooms and herbs. They will sink through the frothy top
- Remove from the heat when the eggs are just set.
- Turn out onto a warm plate, top with rocket and serve with Ballymaloe Original Relish.