Ham & Mushroom Omelette with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Eggs, dairy
The time-honoured combination of ham and mushroom is given a lift here, with the addition of some peppery rocket and a generous helping of Ballymaloe Original Relish. Great for a summer brunch or served with a green salad. Timing is everything when it comes to adding the ham & mushroom: wait until the egg has set well, then scatter them in before folding & flipping!
- 3 free-range eggs
- 30ml water
- Salt & pepper
- ½ tsp butter
- 2 slices ham
- 4 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp parsley (chopped
- 1 tsp chives (chopped)
- Ballymaloe Original Relish or Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Fresh rocket (optional)
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Crack the eggs, water, and seasoning into a bowl. Whisk for approximately five minutes or until the eggs froth up to three times their original bulk.
- As the butter begins to turn brown, pour in the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat and when the bottom is set, sprinkle in the ham, mushrooms and herbs. Fold over and a minute or two later, flip your omelette.
- Remove from the heat when the eggs are just set.
- Turn out onto a warm plate, top with rocket and serve with Ballymaloe Original Relish or Ballymaloe Pepper Relish.