Original Relish & Ballymaloe Mayo Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: Egg, dairy, mustard
For a summer salad outdoors or as a part of a platter, this Ballymaloe Original Relish and Ballymaloe Mayo recipe will give your eggs a little twist. Perfect as a starter or a snack with some brown soda bread, our recipe uses 6 eggs but, trust us, there’s no harm in doubling up… once tried, these delightful mouthfuls are extremely moreish!
- 6 large free-range eggs (hard-boiled)
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Mayo
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- Sprigs of watercress / chervil (to garnish)
- Piping bag with a 2.5cm star nozzle
- Hard-boil your eggs - this should take approximately 10 minutes, then place them in cold water.
- When the eggs are cold, shell them and slice in half lengthways.
- Carefully remove the yolks and pop them into a bowl with the Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Taste to see if the mixture needs a little seasoning.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a 2.5cm star nozzle.
- Pipe a rosette of the mixture into each egg white (if you don’t have a piping bag, use a teaspoon to fill the centre of each egg).
- Garnish with the watercress or chervil, and serve as a starter on a bed of mixed salad leaves.