Ballymaloe Relish Eggs
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: egg, dairy, mustard
For a summer salad outdoors or as a part of a platter, Ballymaloe Original Relish and Ballymaloe Mayo will give your eggs a little twist. Perfect as a starter or a snack with some brown soda bread.
- 6 hard-boiled, large free-range eggs
- 100g soft butter/ or 2 generous tablespoons of Ballymaloe Mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Some tiny sprigs of watercress or chervil (garnish)
- 1 level tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Hard-boil your eggs; this should take approximately 10 minutes. Place them in cold water.
- When the eggs are cold, shell them and slice in half lengthways.
- Carefully remove the yolks and pop them into a bowl with the soft butter or Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Taste to see if the mixture needs a little seasoning.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a 2.5cm star nozzle.
- Pipe a rosette of the mixture into each egg white (if you don’t have a piping bag, use a teaspoon to fill the centres of each egg)
- Garnish with the watercress or chervil
- Serve as a starter on a bed of salad leaves.