Barbecue Chicken & Chorizo Bap with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Mustard, wheat
Chicken and chorizo is a classic combination and for good reason: the smoky paprika flavour of the chorizo is eagerly soaked up by the chicken, creating a match made in heaven. For a peppery pick-me-up add rocket to the bap or, for a little more crunch, some iceberg or gem lettuce.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 225g chorizo sausages
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- 4 soft white or wholemeal baps / buns
- Salad leaves / herbs of your choice (rocket, spinach, lamb’s leaf, gem lettuce, chives, parsley)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing
- Heat a barbecue grill to medium-high. In a bowl, toss the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill (if using skin-on chicken, place skin side down first). Grill the chicken, without turning, for 6-10 minutes. Flip and grill for a further 8-10 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo before splitting it lengthways. In a non-stick frying pan, cook the chorizo sausages on a gentle heat until lightly coloured and heated through - this will take a few minutes.
- Toast your bun / bap and gently toss the salad leaves in Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing.
- To assemble: add the salad leaves to the bun, top with your chorizo and chicken and dollop a generous spoonful (or two) of Ballymaloe Original Relish on top.