Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish & Ballymaloe Mayo
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes - Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Egg, mustard
Ballymaloe Pepper Relish can be used as a marinade and as a main ingredient for the sauce, so your chicken drumsticks will be full of flavour! We advise cooking the chicken in an oven and moving it to the barbecue for the last few minutes. That way, you get all the smoky flavour of barbecued chicken, while making sure that it’s completely cooked through. These barbecue chicken drumsticks taste great with some chargrilled corn on the cob and potato wedges, while a decent dollop of Ballymaloe Mayo brings the whole thing together.
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Mayo
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Mix the Ballymaloe Pepper Relish and Ballymaloe Mayo to create the perfect barbecue dipping sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the drumsticks in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a generous pinch of sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast for 40 minutes, turning over every 10 minutes to ensure good charring and browning.
- Remove from the oven and toss in a clean bowl with some Ballymaloe Pepper Relish and pop on a pre-heated BBQ to finish for 5 minutes each side. To check that the chicken is cooked through, cut into the thickest piece and ensure that the juices run clear.
- Serve a platter of drumsticks with your homemade Ballymaloe Pepper Relish & Mayo dipping sauce. Don't forget the napkins!