Barbecue Ribs with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4
- Allergens: Egg, mustard
You can’t go wrong with this recipe: two ingredients and a step-by-step guide to melt-in-the-mouth ribs. What you do with these ribs after that is entirely up to you! Serve with a salad of your choice, slather on some slaw, share some salsa or add a hot side dish of fried potatoes, rice or chips.
- 1 rack of ribs
- Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Place the ribs in a large saucepan and cover in cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly to a generous simmer for 50 minutes - this helps to reduce the fat and tenderise the meat.
- When the ribs are cooked, remove them from the water and cool slightly. Once the ribs are easy to handle, pop them into a large bowl and start basting the ribs with 3 tablespoons of Ballymaloe Steak Sauce, using a pastry brush to ensure even coverage.
- Preheat the barbecue, then barbecue the ribs for 5 minutes on each side. To intensify the flavour, baste the ribs while they are still on the barbecue.
- Serve immediately with your side(s) of choice. We recommend a tangy, tasty coleslaw made using Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing.