Barbecue Ribs with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Serves: 2/4
- Allergens: egg, mustard
You can’t go wrong with this recipe; two ingredients and two simple cooking steps. Barbecue ribs go with lots of different salads, slaws and salsas or hot side dishes like fried potatoes, rice or chips.
- No Artificial Additives
- Dairy Free
- Place the ribs in a large saucepan and cover in cold water. Bring the saucepan to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly to a generous simmer for 50 minutes; this helps to reduce the fat and tenderise the meat.
- When the ribs are cooked, remove them from the water and cool slightly. Once the ribs are easy to handle, pop them into a large bowl and start basting the ribs with 3 tablespoons of Ballymaloe Steak Sauce, using a pastry brush to ensure even coverage.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Barbecue the ribs for 5 minutes on each side.
- To intensify the flavour, baste the ribs while they are on the heat.
- Serve the ribs immediately with a good coleslaw made using Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Honey and Mustard Dressing.