Beef burger with caramelized onions, bacon jam and Ballymaloe Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat/ dairy/ sulphites
This is the Beef Burger that tells Summer WE ARE READY. The delicious mixture of flavours and Irish ingredients creates this truly crowd-pleasing Gourmet Burger.
- 15g butter
- 450g cold minced beef
- 110g cool sweated onion- sweated in 25g butter
- 15g salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp. Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 4/8 slices of Mature cheddar slices
- 1 large beef tomato sliced into 4
- 4 tbsp. Bacon jam
- 8/12 drained Ballymaloe Beetroot Slices
- 3x Medium onions
- 4x Burger buns
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Mix all of the burger ingredients together. Take a small piece and fry it off fully to taste for seasoning. Adjust seasoning at this stage by adding more salt and pepper or thyme if necessary.
- Shape the burgers into 4 patties. Flatten slightly and make a small dent in the middle of each.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan/ grill pan/ BBQ.
- Remove the burgers from the fridge and brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place on the preheated surface and cook for four mins a side OR until the juices run clear when the burger is pressed. Using a meat thermometer, the core temperature must reach 75 degrees. Set aside to rest.
- Using a clean pan or grill pan or BBQ quickly toast the cut side of the burger buns
- To caramelize the onions, peel and slice 3 medium onions. Melt butter until foaming, in a medium-sized heavy-bottom saucepan. Add in the sliced onions and cook on medium heat stirring occasionally. Continue cooking until the onions start to caramelize and soften. Using the wooden spoon, make sure to lift any caramelization from the base of the pot and reintroduce it by stirring. Continue this until you have reached the desired caramelization colour. Remove to a plate and cool
- To assemble your burger- slather each bun in Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Top with lettuce, caramelized onions, sliced tomato, beef burger, cheese slices, Ballymaloe Beetroot, bacon jam, and finally the lid.
- Repeat until all are finished and assembled.