Beetroot Hummus and Blue Cheese Crostini
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: dairy, wheat
Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot is grown, cooked and packed in East Cork and is itself packed with a lovely earthiness which is a lovely combination with chickpeas, for the hummus in this recipe. Beetroot and blue cheese always sit well together so the blue cheese crostini is a perfect match. The whole recipe only takes 10 minutes from start to finish.
- 200g Drained Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot
- 240g Chickpeas (1 can of drained chickpeas)
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cashel Blue Cheese
- Sourdough bread
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Drain the beetroot and the chickpeas and put in the food processor along with the clove of garlic. Blitz until you are happy with the consistency; it should be smooth in texture. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread and drizzle with a bit of Olive oil and toast in the oven until crispy. While the bread is in the oven, use a peeler and peel the cucumber into ribbons. Spread the hummus over the crostini, layer with cucumber ribbons and crumble some delicious Cashel Blue Cheese on top.