Hummus with Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot & Blue Cheese Crostini
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat
Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot is grown, cooked and packed in East Cork. It combines sweetness with earthiness, and – with chickpeas – makes for a delicious hummus, complimented by our blue cheese crostini. And, even better? This whole recipe takes only 10 minutes from start to finish!
- 200g Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 240g chickpeas (1 can drained chickpeas)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Sourdough bread
- Cashel Blue cheese
- Olive oil
- Drain the beetroot and the chickpeas, and pop in the food processor with the clove of garlic. Blitz until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add the olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread and drizzle with olive oil, before toasting in the oven until crispy.
- While the bread is in the oven, strip the cucumber into ribbons.
- Spread the hummus over the crostini, layer with cucumber ribbons and crumble some delicious Cashel Blue cheese on top.