Pitta Pockets with Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce, Shredded Lettuce, Red Pepper & Grated Cheese
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Wheat, dairy
Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce is packed full of tomatoes, onions, peppers, and herbs & spices, so there really is nothing you need to add to it – apart from the meat or protein of your choice – to create a delicious, Italian classic. This recipe adds a little crunch and cheesy goodness, in the form of fresh lettuce and Cheddar, to create the perfect pitta pocket.
- 4 pitta bread pockets (white or wholemeal)
- 225g lean minced beef (or your protein of choice)
- Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce (400g jar)
- Olive oil
- Shredded cos / iceberg lettuce
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat a little olive oil and cook the mince through in a saucepan on the hob.
- Add your Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Toast the pittas on a low toaster setting.
- Open the pittas and fill with the mince, bolognese sauce, lettuce, sliced red pepper and grated Cheddar.
- Eat immediately and remember the napkins!