Bolognese Pitta Pockets with Shredded Lettuce, Red Pepper & Grated Cheese
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat, dairy
Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce is packed full of tomatoes, onions, peppers, herbs and spices, so there really is nothing you need to add to it apart from meat for a delicious Italian classic. This recipe takes inspiration from that classic and combines it with some fresh lettuce and cheddar, for a goodness filled pitta pocket.
- 4 Pitta bread pockets, white or wholemeal
- Olive oil
- 225g Lean minced beef
- Shredded cos or iceberg lettuce
- 1 Red pepper (finely sliced)
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 x 400g Jar of Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce
- Heat a little olive oil and cook the mince through in a saucepan on the hob.
- Add the Bolognese Sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Toast the pittas on a low toaster setting.
- Open the pittas and fill with the mince Bolognese sauce, lettuce, sliced red pepper and grated cheddar.