Fiery sausage rolls with Ballymaloe Fiery Relish and Ballymaloe Mayo dip
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4/6
- Allergens: wheat/ dairy/ sulphites/ egg/ mustard
This fiery sausage roll is an elevation on an absolute classic. A nod to the chilli lover who adores gourmet sausage rolls. This is also perfect in the shape of a garland which is the most fabulous main course in any Summer picnic basket.
- 450g minced pork (80% lean and 20% fat)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe fiery relish
- 60g of breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 350g Sheet of puff pastry (defrosted)
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe relish
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Mayo and 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sausages (minced pork, garlic, rosemary, 1 egg, Ballymaloe Fiery Relish, and breadcrumbs) together and mix well. Fry a little of the mixture on a frying pan to check the seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Lay the sheet of pastry onto a clean worktop.
- Spread Ballymaloe Original Relish over the pastry, leaving an inch from the edge free of pepper relish.
- Place the sausage mixture into a sausage shape with your hands and lay it lengthwise on one side of the rectangle and all the way to the edges.
- Roll the sausage and pastry into tube, pressing the seam together.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Using a sharp knife, score through the pastry to within 1cm of the inside, at 2.5cm intervals.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 200* and continue to cook for 10/15 mins or until the pastry is flaky, golden brown and the meat reaches 75* or cooked through. Serve with Ballymaloe Mayo and Fiery relish dip.