Full Irish Breakfast with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: egg, sulphites, dairy
Apart from the essential meat and eggs, we think that some grilled tomatoes really add to a full Irish breakfast, especially when you’ve some Ballymaloe Original Relish to go with it.
- Sausages (pork, chicken, turkey, vegetarian or vegan)
- Black and/or white pudding
- Eggs (free-range)
- A pinch of sugar
- A little butter
- Salt & pepper
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cook your sausages on a gentle heat until golden brown and cooked through. Cook the black and/or white pudding on a medium heat until golden and cooked through and finally pop the bacon on a high heat and cook quickly until the bacon is sizzling with crispy edges.
- Halve the tomatoes and season with a little salt and pepper, sprinkle with a pinch of sugar and add a tiny knob of butter. Pop the tomatoes under a grill or in a hot oven until they are well cooked and coloured.
- Strain off any bacon fat left over from cooking and reserve for frying the eggs. Use a clean non-stick pan and heat the reserved bacon fat on a medium heat, crack in your egg and fry. to a lined plate with kitchen paper to pat off any excess bacon fat.
- Serve with a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish or Ballymaloe Steak Sauce.