Halloumi Burger with Sweet Potato Fries and Ballymaloe Original or Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes - Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Dairy, gluten, mustard seeds
This halloumi burger is utterly delicious and made even more so, with the addition of some sweet potato fries and a generous helping of Ballymaloe Original Relish. For those seeking a little heat, try Ballymaloe Pepper Relish instead – it’ll bring some spice, but not enough to overwhelm the other flavours.
- 2 brioche buns
- 200g Halloumi cheese (thickly sliced)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ red onion
- 1 large beef tomato
- Handful of rocket
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Contains Dairy
- Contains gluten
- Contains mustard seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- To make your sweet potato fries, cut your sweet potato into skinny fries, then cook in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and place on a baking tray with a tablespoon of oil and cook for 20 minutes in your preheated oven.
- Heat a griddle pan. Brush both sides of the thickly-sliced halloumi with oil and place on the heated griddle (a non-stick frying pan is equally as good). Cook until the halloumi is deliciously charred (around 3 minutes each side).
- Place the brioche puns on the griddle/non-stick pan for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Slather both sides of the brioche bun with Ballymaloe Original or Pepper Relish and top the base with half of the seared Halloumi, tomato slices, red onion and rocket.
- Pop on the lid and serve with a side of crunchy sweet potato fries and a dipping bowl of extra Ballymaloe Original or Pepper Relish.