Ham & Cheese Toastie with Pickles & Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Gluten, dairy, mustard seeds
This hot and crunchy combo is a thing of beauty. Gloriously gooey cheese mixes with delicious Ballymaloe Relish, with the crunch and tang of pickle bringing together this total crowd-pleaser. We will not judge you if you decide to make two just for you.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices ham *thinly cut)
- 1 small tomato (sliced & seasoned with a sprinkle of salt, pepper & sugar)
- 75g Cheddar
- Handful of pickles/gherkins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Relish
- Contains gluten
- Contains mustard seeds
- Contains dairy
- Slather your sourdough slices in Ballymaloe Relish.
- Top the base with the sliced ham & tomatoes, and finish with the extra mature Cheddar slices.
- Pop on the lid and heat a grill pan or non-stick frying pan.
- Brush each side with olive oil and carefully place the sandwich on the heated pan.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat until deliciously golden-brown.
- Pop onto a chopping board and cut in half, then serve with a side of pickles or gherkins, extra Ballymaloe Relish and your favourite flavour of crinkle-cut crisps.