Vegan Flatbread with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Wheat, nuts
Ideally this recipe uses khubz – a Middle Eastern flatbread – but you can use other homemade or shop-bought flatbreads as alternatives. This vegan recipe uses dairy-free pesto and a lovely mix of vegetables and sauces. Ballymaloe Relish provides a lovely background heat and the combination of textures and flavours will woo non-vegans too!
- 1 khubz wrap (or a sun-dried tomato wrap)
- 2 strips roasted & peeled peppers
- 3 slices roasted courgettes (fully drained)
- 2 slices roasted aubergine
- 25g (1 heaped tsp) Baba Ganoush
- 2 tsp hummus
- 2 tomato slices (seasoned with a light sprinkle of salt, pepper & sugar)
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Relish or Pepper Relish
- 3 basil leaves (optional)
- Layer the base of the flatbread with hummus, then dollop on and smooth out the Baba Ganoush.
- Add your Ballymaloe Relish, then top with the roasted vegetables and sliced tomatoes.
- Pop under the grill to warm the wrap and veggies, then serve when toasty hot, finished with a drizzle of basil pesto.