Mile High Vegan Flatbread
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: wheat, nuts (pesto)
Ideally this recipe uses Khubz, a Middle Eastern flatbread, but you can use other homemade or shop -bought flatbreads as alternatives. This vegan recipe uses dairy-free pesto and a lovely mix of vegetables and sauces. Ballymaloe Pepper Relish provides a lovely background heat and the combination of textures and flavours will woo non-vegans too.
- 1 khubz wrap (or a sun-dried tomato wrap)(vegan)
- 2 strips of roasted and peeled peppers
- 3 slices roasted courgettes (fully drained)
- 2 slices roasted aubergine
- 25g (1 heaped tsp) Baba Ganoush
- 2 tsp hummus
- 2 tomato slices (each slice seasoned with a light sprinkle of salt, pepper, sugar)
- 1 tsp basil pesto
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 3 basil leaves (optional)
- Layer the base of the flatbread with hummus.
- Dollop on and smooth out the Baba Ganoush.
- Add the Ballymaloe Pepper Relish.
- Top with the roasted vegetables and sliced tomatoes.
- Heat in the oven to warm the wrap and veggies.
- Serve straight from the oven, and finish with a drizzle of basil pesto.