Pancake Stack with Pepper Relish and Bacon
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat/ dairy/ sulphites/ eggs
This delicious pancake stack will have you forgetting about the sweet classic maple syrup pancakes in no time.
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bread soda
- 25g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 120ml buttermilk
- 25g butter, melted
- Olive oil for frying
- 8 rashers or crispy streaky bacon cooked
- Add a fried egg for an even more delicious breakfast stack.
- Contains gluten
- Contains Egg
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bread soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix. Make a well in the centre and crack your eggs into that well. Start whisking from the centre and gradually bring in the sides while slowly adding the buttermilk and melted butter. Beat out the lumps!
- This batter can stand for an hour or can be used immediately.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan (medium heat) and add a little oil then drop in large tablespoons of batter. Don’t overcrowd the pan so three is the perfect number. Cook for a minute or two or until bubbles appear on the surface then flip and continue to cook on the other side. Continue cooking until the batter is all gone. Keep the pancakes warm in an oven at 100*.
- On warm plates stack the pancakes, drape your favourite cooked bacon on top and finish with a great big dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish.