Pitta Pizzas, made with Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes - Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Wheat, dairy
While we may have called these “Kids’ Pitta Pizzas” they are great as a snack for grown-ups at any time of the day. Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce is a handy kitchen cupboard staple, as it turns a simple pitta bread into a tasty pizza that children will love. Even better? They are easy to make and a great way to get the kids cooking in the kitchen too!
- 1 round pitta bread
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Toppings of your choice
- Ballymaloe Mayo for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Heat your Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce in a saucepan until it bubbles.
- Place the pitta bread base on a flat baking tray. Bake for 3 minutes, then top with the sauce, grated mozzarella, and any other toppings of your choice.
- Bake in the oven until the pitta edges are golden brown and the cheese has melted. This should take between 5-7 minutes.
- Serve straight away with Ballymaloe Mayo for dipping!