Filo Pork Sausages with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 1 hour - Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat, sulphites
Look, we’ll be honest… this is possibly the poshest sausage roll you’ll ever eat – and we’re certain you’ll thank us for it. The buttery filo pastry is light and flaky, and is the perfect ‘gift wrapping’ for these glorious pork sausages!
- 1 pack (270g) filo pastry sheets
- 400g pork sausage meat
- 100g melted butter
- Black pepper
- Flour for dusting
- Ballymaloe Relish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and start layering the filo pastry sheets, spreading melted butter all over each sheet.
- With floured hands, shape the sausage meat into a cylindrical shape and place it on to the filo pastry, then add a good grinding of black pepper.
- Make a well along the top of the sausage meat, and pop in six tablespoons of Ballymaloe Relish.
- Wrap the sausage meat up in the pastry and flip it so the join is facing downwards.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray, brush with butter and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the sausage meat is piping hot.
- Serve immediately with a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Relish on the side.