Pork Sausage with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: dairy, wheat, sulphites
A lovely recipe from Seasoned Courses, using Ballymaloe Original Relish with sausage and filo. It’s a perfect sharing dish, cut into slices at the table. The buttery filo goes great with the sausage and relish combination.
- 1 pack (270g) filo pastry sheets
- 100g melted butter
- 400g pork sausage meat
- Black pepper
- Flour for dusting
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C (180⁰C fan oven)
- Line a baking tray with parchment and start layering the filo pastry sheets, spreading melted butter all over each sheet.
- With floured hands, shape the sausage meat into a cylindrical shape and place it onto the filo pastry.
- Add a good grinding of black pepper.
- Make a well along the top of the sausage meat, and pop in six tablespoons of Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Wrap the sausage meat up in the pastry and flip it so the join is facing downwards
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray, brush with butter and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the sausage meat is piping hot.