Potato Soup with Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Cooking Time: 30 minute
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy
This delightfully light yet tasty bowl of soup is lovely for lunch or as the starter for an evening meal. Add a spoonful of Fiery Relish to bring a kick of chilli heat, before garnishing with avocado and sea salt.
- 425g potatoes (peeled and diced to 5mm)
- 110g onions (diced)
- 900ml home-made chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 55g butter
- 120ml creamy milk
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Mixed herbs (to garnish, optional)
- Chopped avocados (to garnish, optional)
- Contains dairy
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. When it foams, add the potatoes and onions, and toss them in the butter until well coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cover with a butter-wrapper or paper lid, and the lid of the saucepan. Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil. When the vegetables are soft but not coloured, add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the milk and purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with a few freshly chopped herbs or diced avocados tossed in a dessertspoon of extra virgin olive oil with a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish and a sprinkle of sea salt.