- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Contains dairy
If you’re looking for a light delight before a delicious meal, this Potato soup with a spoon of Fiery Relish and garnished with avocado and sea salt will be just that.
- 55g/2oz butter
- 425g/15oz potatoes, peeled and diced to 5mm/1 /3 in
- 110g/4oz onions, diced
- 900ml/1½pt home-made chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 120ml/4fl oz creamy milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Contains dairy
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. When it foams, add the potatoes and onions, and toss them in the butter until well coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cover with a butter wrapper or paper lid, and the lid of the saucepan. Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil. When the vegetables are soft but not coloured, add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with a few freshly chopped herbs or diced avocados tossed in a dessertspoon of Extra Virgin olive oil with a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish and a sprinkle of sea salt.