Reuben Hot Dog with Ballymaloe Relish Mayo
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Wheat, eggs, mustard
While there are varying theories on when (and where) the original Reuben Sandwich came into being, one thing that isn’t in dispute is its taste! Corned beef on rye bread with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and a piquant Russian dressing all combine to make a melt-in-the-mouth combo that’s hard to beat. For our Reuben Hot Dog we’re honouring all these flavours but with a twist: our Ballymaloe Relish Mayo will certainly give any Russian dressing a run for its money. This hot dog even works without the dog! Switch out the meat for some fried mushrooms and enjoy a Veggie Reuben!
- 4 hot dogs or sausages of your choice
- 4 hot dog buns or rolls of your choice
- 75g sauerkraut
- 60g Swiss cheese (grated)
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Mayo
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Mix the Ballymaloe Mayo and Ballymaloe Original Relish together well.
- Barbecue the sausages for 10-15 minutes on the barbecue (the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the meat).
- When cooked through, pop each sausage into a toasted bun and top with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and your homemade Ballymaloe Relish Mayo.