Shredded Superfood Salad with Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Mustard
You’ll feel like a superhero when you sit down to enjoy this delicious, nutritious superfood salad, with a gorgeous blend of Middle Eastern flavours. Combining a range of tasty, vitamin & mineral rich ingredients, this shredded salad is a mealtime saviour to savour! Our Honey & Mustard Dressing brings sweetness and tang to the table, while Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot is sweet, sharp and bursting with beetrooty goodness!
- 200g canned chickpeas (drained)
- 2 carrots (julienned)
- 1 tbsp of Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 2 tbsp red cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 tbsp mint (chopped)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder/ground cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing
- Sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the chickpeas.
- After a minute, add the ground spices and a pinch of sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper. Stir until the chickpeas are fully coated. Remove and put on a plate until cool.
- Toss the carrots, cabbage and mint with the Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing. Taste and season. Place in a presentation bowl and top with the spiced chickpeas and the Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot. Finish with a few extra mint leaves scattered on top.