Smoked Mackerel, Horseradish Crème Fraiche & Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot Salad
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Fish, dairy
Smoked mackerel, Irish beetroot and horseradish are a dream salad combination, created by Rory O’Connell of Ballymaloe Cookery School. Light, bright and lovely to eat, this recipe is quick & easy and works as a healthy lunch or starter. Serve with a slice of brown yeast bread or crusty white bread & butter. Thanks to Grace O’Driscoll for her take on this winning flavour combination.
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets (deboned)
- 50ml crème fraiche
- Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce (or ½ teaspoon freshly-grated horseradish)
- 2 handfuls baby salad leaves (chard, rocket, spinach, lamb’s leaf)
- 1 tsp Ballymaloe French Dressing
- Sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Mix a teaspoon of horseradish sauce with the crème fraiche and season with a pinch of sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Lightly dress the salad leaves with Ballymaloe French Dressing and place on a large salad plate.
- Gently break the smoked mackerel fillets over the dressed salad, sprinkle your Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot on top, and spoon on a few teaspoons of your horseradish crème fraiche to finish.