Smoked Trout Blinis with Crème Fraiche and Ballymaloe Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6/7
- Allergens: wheat, fish, dairy
There are lots of different blini recipes out there and easy to find online. If however, you’re under a bit of time pressure, shop-bought will do fine for this smoked trout and Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot combination. Smoked trout has wonderful flavour and won’t overpower our earthy 100% Irish beetroot. This recipe comes from Grace O’Donnell and works wonderfully.
- 50g crème fraiche
- 100g smoked trout, cut into 12/14 pieces
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot
- 12-14 blinis
- Chive flowers or dill for garnish
- Top each blini with a half teaspoon of crème fraiche.
- Add a piece of smoked trout and garnish with a dice of Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot.
- Add tiny sprigs of dill or chive flowers as an extra, delicate flourish.