Smoked Trout Blinis with Crème Fraiche & Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: Wheat, fish, dairy
These blissful little blini are absolutely delicious. Blini are Russian pancakes that serve as the perfect based for this delicious smoked trout recipe, which also benefits from a healthy dollop of crème fraiche and the sweetness of Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot. Make your own blini or pick up shop-bought ones – the choice is yours! This recipe comes from Grace O’Donnell and is a dainty delight.
- 12 blinis
- 100g smoked trout (cut into 12 pieces)
- Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- 50g crème fraiche
- Chive flowers or dill (to garnish)
- Top each blini with a half teaspoon of crème fraiche.
- Add a piece of smoked trout and garnish with 2 or 3 cubes of Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot.
- Add tiny sprigs of dill or chive flowers as an extra, delicate flourish.