Sticky Chicken Wings with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 5 / 6
- Allergens: sesame
Ballymaloe Steak Sauce is wonderful on any sort of meat and it’s perfect for sticky chicken wings. The blend of tomatoes and spices are made richer with the addition of Irish stout and it’s just right for a marinade or a dipping sauce. This recipe uses it for both, bringing out the flavour of the chicken at every stage.
- 1 – 1.5kg Chicken wings (halved at the joint)
- A little sunflower oil
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 8/9 Tablespoons Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- No Artificial Additives
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place a wire rack over a baking tray lined with tin foil
- Coat the chicken wings in a little sunflower oil and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Place the chicken on the wire rack and cook for 40 minutes or until cooked through (golden and crispy).
- Remove from the oven and toss generously in Ballymaloe Steak Sauce then return the wings to the rack and cook for a further 10 minutes, basting once to ensure they are glossy and caramelised.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds
- Serve with extra Ballymaloe Steak Sauce for dipping.