Sticky Chicken Wings with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: Sesame
Ballymaloe Steak Sauce is wonderful on any sort of meat and it’s perfect for sweet & sticky, chicken wings. With tomatoes, spices and Dungarvan Irish Stout, our Steak Sauce is superb as both a marinade & a dipping sauce… this recipe uses it as both, bringing out the flavour of the chicken at every possible stage.
- 1kg chicken wings (halved at the joint)
- Sunflower oil
- Salt & freshly-cracked pepper
- Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place a wire rack over a baking tray that has been lined with tin foil.
- Coat the chicken wings in a little sunflower oil and season with salt and freshly-cracked pepper.
- Place the chicken on the wire rack and cook for 40 minutes or until cooked through (golden and crispy).
- Remove from the oven and toss generously in Ballymaloe Steak Sauce, then return the wings to the rack and cook for a further 10 minutes, basting once to ensure they are glossy and caramelised.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with extra Ballymaloe Steak Sauce for dipping.