Salad Plate with Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Mustard, egg
The wonderful thing about salads is that they can really include anything you like and, given a bit of help with a good sauce or dressing, never have to be dull. A very handy way of using up leftovers, a good salad combines health & taste with ease. We’ve picked one of our favourite combinations, but anything goes! Smoked fish, pâtés, pickles or crunchy vegetables can bring a depth of flavours and textures so feel free to make your salad your own. Our range of salad dressings can really add some zing to your salad – Classic French, Honey & Mustard or Balsamic & Irish Apple Cider Vinegrette – the choice is yours! Our Mayo has 2 purposes in this recipe: as a base for your potato salad and as a delicious dollop on top of the hard-boiled eggs!
- 2-3 slices baked ham/sliced roast chicken/avocado
- 2 tbsp potato salad (new potatoes, 20ml Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing, fresh herbs & 1 tsp Ballymaloe Mayo)
- 1 free-range egg (hard-boiled & peeled)
- 3-5 cherry tomatoes (halved and seasoned with a sprinkle of sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper)
- A selection of salad leaves
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- Make the potato salad using new potatoes with plenty of fresh herbs, Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing and Ballymaloe Mayo. Season to taste.
- Arrange all your salad components on a plate, keeping the eggs 'til last. Pop them on top with a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Mayo on the yolk and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve the salad on its own or with some fresh brown soda bread and a dressing of your choice.