The Ballymaloe Salad Plate
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: mustard, egg
The nice thing about salads is that they can really include anything you like and given a bit of help with a good sauce or dressing, never have to be dull. A very handy way of using up leftovers, a good salad combines health and taste with ease. We’ve picked one of our favourite combinations, but anything from smoked fish to pâtés, pickles or crunchy vegetables can bring a depth of flavours and textures.
- 2/3 slices of baked ham or sliced roast chicken or avocado if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons of Potato salad
- 1 Hard-boiled egg- halved
- 3/5 Cherry tomatoes- halved and seasoned with a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- A selection of salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot- drained
- 1 teaspoon of Ballymaloe Mayo
- Make the potato salad using new potatoes with plenty of fresh herbs, Ballymaloe French Dressing and Ballymaloe Mayo
- Simply arrange all the salad components on your plate
- Place a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Mayo on top of each egg yolk and add a sprinkle of salt
- Serve on its own or with some fresh brown soda bread