The Perfect Steak with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: n/a
Ballymaloe Steak Sauce has a smooth blend of tomatoes, spices and Irish stout, giving it a rich flavour, which is balanced and complements the natural flavour of meat. It’s 100% natural so pairs beautifully with a good steak. It also goes very well with chips, so is a nice all-round sauce for any meal.
- 175g sirloin or fillet steaks
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little olive oil
- Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- No Artificial Additives
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- About one hour before you want to cook your steaks, remove them from the fridge. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub it on both sides of each steak. This intensifies the flavour.
- Grind some black pepper over the steaks and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil. Turn the steaks in the oil and set aside to allow them to come to room temperature.
- If using sirloin steaks, score the fat at 1-inch intervals. Heat the griddle pan until very hot, season the steaks with a little salt and put them onto the pan.
- When cooking a sirloin steak, also turn it over onto the fat side and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fat crisps up nicely.
- Make sure to let your steaks rest before serving them with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce.