The Perfect Steak with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: None
Ballymaloe Steak Sauce boasts a beautifully balanced blend of tomatoes, spices and Dungarvan Irish Stout that combine to create a smooth, sweet & sticky sauce that was made for your steak! Our sauce is made from 100% natural ingredients and lets your steak shine. Serve your steak with some peppery rocket and beautifully-crispy chips (perfect to dip in some more Ballymaloe Steak Sauce!)
- 175g sirloin or fillet steaks
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Rocket leaves (optional)
- Chunky chips (optional)
- About one hour before you want to cook your steaks, remove them from the fridge. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub it on both sides of each steak to intensify the flavour.
- Grind some black pepper over the steaks and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil. Turn the steaks in the oil and set aside to allow them to come to room temperature.
- If using sirloin steaks, score the fat at 1 inch intervals. Heat the griddle pan until very hot, season the steaks with a little salt and put them on to the pan.
- When cooking a sirloin steak, also turn it over onto the fat side and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fat crisps up nicely.
- Make sure to let your steaks rest before serving them with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce, peppery rocket leaves and crunchy chips.