Bacon and Cheese Quesadillas with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 12/16
- Allergens: wheat, dairy
This take on a Mexican staple is quick to put together and the jalapeño, garlic and spices in Ballymaloe Pepper Relish bring just what every quesadilla needs; a nice background heat. We’ve used chives and parsley in this recipe, but some freshly chopped coriander would be fine too.
- 4 x 18cm (7inch) flour or corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- 100g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100g bacon or ham (cooked and finely chopped)
- 1-2 tsp chives (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp parsley (chopped)
- Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Lay a tortilla on a large dry frying pan and place half the grated cheese, bacon, parsley and chives on it, spreading the filling evenly to within 2cm of the edges.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Spread a layer of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish over a second tortilla and place, relish side down, on top of the filling.
- Place the pan on a low to medium heat and fry until the quesadilla is crispy and golden brown on sides and the cheese has melted in the middle. This usually takes only 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a chopping board and cut into wedges
- Repeat the process for the second quesadilla.
- Serve immediately with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish and sour cream dip.