Bacon & Cheese Quesadillas with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Fiery Relish
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 12-16
- Allergens: Wheat, dairy
This take on a Mexican favourite is a quick & easy crowd-pleaser. The jalapeño, garlic and spices in our Ballymaloe Pepper Relish bring just what every quesadilla needs: some background heat (which you can turn up even further by adding some Ballymaloe Fiery Relish instead). We’ve used chives and parsley in this recipe, but freshly-chopped coriander adds its own twist too.
- 4 x 18cm (7") flour or corn tortillas
- 100g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100g bacon or ham (cooked & finely chopped)
- 1-2 tsp chives (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp parsley (chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Place a tortilla in a large, dry frying pan and top with half the grated cheese, bacon, parsley and chives, spreading the filling evenly to within 2cm of the edges.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a layer of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Ballymaloe Fiery Relish over a second tortilla and place, relish-side down, on top of the filling.
- Pop the pan on a low to medium heat and fry until the quesadilla is crispy, the sides are golden-brown and the cheese has melted in the middle. This usually takes around 3-4 minutes.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a chopping board and cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately with a generous helping of our pepper or fiery relish, and a sour cream dip of your choice.