Kids’ Quesadillas with Ballymaloe Smooth Relish
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Allergens: Dairy, mustard, wheat
This easy to make Mexican marvel of a dish should see your tortilla stuffed full of cheese, meats, and veggies, then cooked on a griddle or stove. Get the children involved in the kitchen, weighing, measuring, and adding the ingredients for the tasty cheese & Ballymaloe Smooth Relish sauce. These quesadillas can also be prepped in advance and kept in the fridge, ready as a quick meal for busy families. For those who want a chunkier filling, feel free to use Ballymaloe Relish or Pepper Relish for a little more bite in each bite!
- 8 tortilla wraps
- For the cheese filling:
- 150g Gruyere cheese (grated)
- 150g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp Ballymaloe Smooth Relish
- 100g cooked ham (diced)
- 50g cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 spring onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (mashed)
- ¼ red pepper (diced, optional)
- 1 tsp thyme or parsley (chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Pop all the ingredients for your cheese filling into a bowl, stir well, then season with salt & pepper.
- Place a tortilla in a dry frying pan on a low heat.
- Spread a sizeable dollop of filling over half the tortilla, then fold the other half over to cover it
- Cook for 3-5 minutes each side until the cheese, relish & ham mixture has melted and the quesadilla is a rich, golden brown colour.
- Pop on a plate and serve immediately, with more Ballymaloe Smooth Relish for dipping.