The BBQ Beef Burger with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat
There are few things as satisfying as a good burger. Adding some fresh thyme and fried onions to the beef before shaping into burgers gives a lovely mix of caramelisation and freshness. Ballymaloe Relish is your BBF (that would be Burger’s Best Friend). For those who fancy a little more heat, let Ballymaloe Pepper Relish be your buddy while for those who REALLY want to turn the temperature up, Ballymaloe Fiery Relish is your perfect pal. For those who’d rather cool things down, make Ballymaloe Mayo your amigo.
- 4 burger buns of your choice
- 450g minced beef
- 110g chopped onions
- 55g flour
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 free-range egg (beaten)
- Salt & freshly-ground pepper
- Ballymaloe Original Relish/Pepper Relish/Fiery Relish
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the onions, cover and sweat until soft.
- Allow to cool and then mix in a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Cook a little of the mixture in a pan and taste to check seasoning.
- Shape into burgers and toss in seasoned flour, patting off any excess.
- Barbecue at a medium heat, turning as required until fully cooked.
- Serve on a toasted bun with cheese shavings, lettuce and a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish, Pepper Relish, Fiery Relish or Mayo.