Vegan Mexican Wrap with Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Mustard seeds
This vegan Mexican wrap is guaranteed to set your tastebuds tingling. To keep the heat under control, make your own guacamole (half an avocado, mashed; salt & pepper and a little lime juice) but make no mistake… this wrap should be almost too hot to handle! The homemade potato rosti (or hash brown if you prefer) is an added tasty, textural treat.
- Tortilla wrap
- ½ tin black beans
- 80g peeled potato (grated)
- Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Guacamole (half an avocado, mashed with salt & pepper and a little lime juice)
- Thinly-sliced red onions
- Rocket leaves
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Suitable for Vegans
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Wash and drain the black beans then mash with a fork, then season with salt & pepper and add a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish. Try a bit... if you're brave enough, add a little more Fiery Relish.
- Shape your grated & seasoned potato into a rectangle (5"x2"). Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until hot, pop your potato in and apply pressure using a fish slice (to draw out the moisture). Cook through until the potato rosti is very golden-brown and crunchy on both sides. Take out of the pan and rest on kitchen paper.
- Dry-wipe the frying pan carefully and place back on the heat. Gently heat the tortilla bread, then turn and heat through on the other side.
- Place the warmed tortilla on a chopping board. Spread a tablespoon of Ballymaloe Original Relish all over the base.
- Spread your fiery smashed black beans along the middle of the wrap.
- Top with the crispy potato rosti and thinly-sliced red onions, then your homemade guacamole and your rocket leaves.
- Wrap up your wrap and enjoy!