Festive Vegan Mexican Wrap with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Contains mustard seeds.
This tasty wrap is perfect for vegans and vegetarians. The recipe uses Ballymaloe Original Relish and Fiery Relish.
- Half a tin of black beans
- 80g grated peeled potato
- Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- Guacamole (half an avocado, mashed, salt and pepper, little lime juice)
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Tortilla Bread
- Suitable for Vegans
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Wash and drain the black beans and mash with a fork, season with salt and pepper and add a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish. Stir and taste and ensure it is HOT.
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until hot, place the seasoned grated potato in a 5x2” rectangle and apply pressure using a fish slice (draw out the moisture). Cook through until the potato rosti is very golden brown and crunchy on both sides. Remove to the side.
- Dry wipe the frying pan carefully and place back on the heat. Gently heat the tortilla bread, turn and heat through on the other side also.
- Place the warmed tortilla on a chopping board.
- Spread a tablespoon of Ballymaloe Original Relish all over the base.
- Spread the Ballymaloe fiery smashed black beans along the middle of the wrap.
- Top with the crispy potato rosti and thinly sliced red onions.
- And finish with the guacamole and rocket.
- Pull up the ends and bring in the sides to close the wrap, turnover and cut at angle and serve with extra fiery black beans on the side.