Make your own Margherita Pizza, or turn up the heat for El Diablo!
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes - Preheat the oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Dairy, gluten
A classic margherita pizza is hard to beat and, for many, there’s no need to improve on perfection. For those who think otherwise, we humble recommend turning up the heat with El Diablo. This two-in-one recipe will suit all tastebuds and can easily be adapted for any specific dietary requirements or personal preferences. We recommend using Ballymaloe Italian Pasta Sauce for this recipe, but our Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce works equally well. For El Diablo, Ballymaloe Fiery Relish is the only way to go though!
- 2 pre-made pizza bases
- Ballymaloe Italian Tomato or Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce (180g jar)
- 100g Mozzarella (grated)
- Buffalo Mozzarella (small ball)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Basil leaves (torn)
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Ballymaloe Fiery Relish (El Diablo only)
- Thinly-sliced chorizo (El Diablo only)
- Sliced jalapeños (El Diablo only)
- Garlic oil (El Diablo only)
- Contains Dairy
- Contains Gluten
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9. For a Margherita pizza, follow steps 1-5. For El Diablo, follow steps 1-3 and then jump to step 6.
- Place a baking tray upside down in your oven (we'll return to it in a minute).
- Take your pre-made pizza bases and spread a heaped tablespoon of Ballymaloe Italian Tomato or Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce on top.
- Top with grated or torn Mozzarella, then drizzle with a little olive oil. Put your pizza bases onto your upturned baking tray in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, place on a serving board and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, your basil leaves and a sprinkling of black pepper.
- For El Diablo, place the chorizo & jalapeños on top of the sauce (following on from step 3).
- Top with grated or torn Mozzarella. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 7-10 minutes, until the crust is golden, and the cheese is bubbling.
- Once ready pop on a serving board and drizzle with Ballymaloe Fiery Relish, garlic oil and your torn basil leaves.