Roasted Aubergine, Cheddar and Ballymaloe Relish Open Sandwich
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: wheat, dairy
This roasted aubergine and cheddar open sandwich gets a lift with some Ballymaloe Original Relish. Ciabatta is perfect for this sandwich as it will soak up any olive oil and can carry the aubergine without being too sloppy. A twist of salt and pepper and little chopped parsley and you’ve got a tasty vegetarian lunch.
- 1 aubergine
- Olive oil
- 2 x Ciabatta bread
- Butter for spreading
- 100g (4oz) Cheddar cheese
- Ballymaloe Relish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Carefully slice the Aubergine into discs, brush each side with olive oil and place on a roasting tray. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning every so often. If one appears cooked before the rest remove from the tray and continue to cook the rest.
- Spread a layer of butter on the cut side of the ciabatta and place cheddar cheese on top. Toast under the grill until the cheese is bubbling.
- Add a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Relish, followed by the roasted aubergine. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.