Beef Burger with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- Allergens: Wheat, dairy, egg
Gently frying the onions before adding them to the minced beef really adds to the flavour of your burger, while the thyme brings freshness to the recipe. Season the meat well and fry until you see some caramelisation. Plenty of crunchy lettuce and cheese, topped off with Ballymaloe Relish, all contribute to this perfect burger.
- Toasted burger buns
- 450g minced beef
- Ballymaloe Relish
- 110g onions (chopped)
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 free-range egg (beaten)
- 55g flour (seasoned)
- Olive oil
- Lettuce leaves
- Cheese shavings
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, cover and sweat until soft.
- Allow to cool and then add the mince, thyme and egg.
- Cook a little of the mixture in a pan and taste to check seasoning.
- Shape into burgers and toss in seasoned flour, patting off any excess.
- Lightly coat each burger in olive oil.
- Fry at a medium heat, turning as required until fully cooked.
- Serve on a toasted bun with cheese shavings, lettuce and a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Relish.