Chorizo and Cheese Twists with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 12
These Chorizo and Cheese Twists are a super simple recipe by Gills Bakes and Cakes and are made using only a handful of ingredients. This crisp puff pastry is smothered in Ballymaloe Original Relish, layered with chorizo and packed with cheese. Serve with extra Ballymaloe Original Relish as a dip and enjoy!
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Gill.
- 1 Roll puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- 12 slices of chorizo
- Parmesan cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat your 200C/ 180C Fan and line a baking tray with parchment. Take your puff pastry out of the fridge 10 minutes before using.
- Roll out your puff pastry cut lengthways so you have two long stripes.
- Spread a layer of Ballymaloe Original Relish over one side on the pastry.
- Layer on your chopped-up chorizo slices.
- Sprinkle with your chedder and grated parmesan.
- On the other side of your pastry brush with an egg wash then fold over on top of your filled side. Gently press down and seal acround the edges with your fingers.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 12 stripes. Twist each strip 2/3 times then place onto your lined tray.
- Brush each stripe with an egg wash then sprinkle with some extra grated parmesan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with extra Ballymaloe Original Relish and enjoy!