Christmas Sourdough Stack with Ballymaloe Mayo and Cranberry Sauce
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Contains dairy
This delicious sandwich is perfect to use up leftovers from Christmas dinner.
- 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- 3/4 roast turkey slices.
- Small handful of spinach leaves.
- 1 heaped tablespoon baked herb butter stuffing.
- 2 teaspoons of Ballymaloe Mayo.
- 2 teaspoons of Ballymaloe Cranberry Sauce.
- *Pickled cucumber ribbons:
- 1 x cucumber
- 4oz (100g) sugar
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 3fl oz cider vinegar
- Quickly pickle cucumber ribbons. Best made and used on the same day.
- Butter both sides of bread.
- Spread the Ballymaloe Cranberry Sauce on the base.
- Spread the Ballymaloe Mayo on the lid.
- Top the Ballymaloe Cranberry Sauce with spinach, followed by a layer of turkey slices and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Spread the stuffing on top and finally place the Mayo lid to keep the stuffing in place.
- Cut at an angle and serve with a side of zingy and drained cucumber pickles.
- *To make the pickled cucumber ribbons:
- Wash and dry the cucumber. Using a peeler peel strips of cucumber, including the skin, going from top to bottom. As you reach the seeds, stop! Turn the cucumber and start the process once more until all the cucumber is in strips and only a baton* of seeds are left.
- Place the cucumber strips into a large bowl. Sprinkle over the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Leave for a minimum of an hour and stir to ensure full pickling has occurred.
- Remember to taste. You want the sweet, savoury, and sharp balance.
- When you are ready to use your pickled cucumber ribbons, drain through a nylon sieve to remove excess liquid.