Homemade Kid Friendly Fish Fingers or Chicken Dippers
- Cooking Time: 15/20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: wheat, egg, fish
This recipe can be adapted for fish or chicken. It’s also a great recipe to get children involved in preparing their own food; dipping and breading the food. Serve with some fresh peas and homemade chips and you’ve got a treat meal that is full of flavour and 100% natural. Serve with a dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish on the side.
- Self-raising flour
- Free-range eggs
- Fresh fillet of cod / free-range chicken breast
- To serve:
- Hand-cut chips
- Fresh peas
- Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cut your fresh fillet of cod or free-range chicken breast to the desired size.
- Put the flour, breadcrumbs and eggs into three separate bowls. Whisk up the eggs and season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Coat the cod/chicken in flour, dip into the beaten egg and finally coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat with all pieces of cod/chicken.
- Pop the bread-crumbed cod/chicken into the fryer for about 3–5 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer the fried fish or chicken to a bowl lined with kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
- Serve with fresh peas, homemade chips and Ballymaloe Original Relish.