Open Greek Bagel with Feta & Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat
This quick lunch – ready in just 8 minutes – combines tangy, salty Feta with fruity, Kalamata olives and the tomato-rich sweetness of Ballymaloe Relish. Those seeking a little heat, can opt for Ballymaloe Pepper Relish instead, while olive connoisseurs should feel free to substitute their olive of choice. And, for the true purists, seek out koulouri: authentic Greek bagels, coated in sesame seeds. Finally, before you eat, remember to say ‘Kalí óreksi!’ That’s the Greek equivalent of ‘Bon appetit!’
- 2 bagels or koulouri
- 100g Feta cheese
- 12 Kalamata olives
- Olive oil
- Salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Ballymaloe Relish or Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cut each bagel in half and spoon some Ballymaloe Relish or Pepper Relish on all 4 cut halves.
- Halve the olives and place over the relish, then crumble the Feta on top.
- Place the bagels under the grill (on a medium heat) until the Feta is nice and golden.
- Top each with some rocket and a drizzle of olive oil. Add a twist of black pepper, and enjoy immediately.