Pork fillet with potato, onion and Ballymaloe Apple Sauce stuffing
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 3
- Allergens: dairy
Pork and apple have always gone together, but this recipe puts a new twist on the pairing, with an easy to make apple stuffing. Ballymaloe Apple Sauce uses just four ingredients, is 100% natural and gives the stuffing the right amount of sweet and savoury flavour.
- One medium to large pork fillet
- 220g Ballymaloe Apple Sauce
- 220g mashed potato
- 220g sautéed onions
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- Dairy Free
- Insert a sharp knife 3/4 of the way through the width of the pork and cut down the entire length of the fillet, then open it out on a chopping board.
- Cut into 3 equal portions, season and place on an oiled roasting tray.
- For the stuffing, mix all the other ingredients together, season well and heap onto each portion of pork fillet.
- Place in a preheated oven, 180⁰C/Gas Mark 4, for about 30 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked and the stuffing is crispy on top.