Pork Fillet with Potato, Onion & Ballymaloe Apple Sauce Stuffing
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes - Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Serves: 3
- Allergens: Dairy
Pork fillet is the leanest of all cuts, making it the healthiest too. Pork and apple are a celebrated pairing, but our potato, onion & Ballymaloe Apple Sauce stuffing is something new that, once tried becomes a firm favourite. Serve with your vegetable and sides of choice, although we are partial to green beans & roast potatoes with a portion of Ballymaloe Apple Sauce on the side.
- Large pork fillet
- Ballymaloe Apple Sauce
- 220g mashed potato
- 220g sautéed onions
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Insert a sharp knife three-quarters of the way through the width of the pork and cut down the entire length of the fillet, then open it out on a chopping board.
- Cut into 3 equal portions, season and place on an oiled roasting tray.
- For the stuffing, mix all the other ingredients together, season well and heap on to each portion of pork fillet.
- Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the pork is fully cooked and the stuffing is crispy on top.
- Serve with your accompaniments of choice, but add some Ballymaloe Apple Sauce on the side.